LittleBird wants to help keep your smart devices in perfect working order and one simple way to do this is to clean them regularly. Smart Access devices such as access readers and video intercoms spend a lot more time outside than most other smart devices, so after a while, they begin accumulating dust and moisture buildup. Cleaning the devices regularly will ensure that these natural particles don’t stop your devices from operating as conveniently as possible. It’s also important to keep your technology sanitary and reduce the number of germs on regularly-used devices, ensuring that the whole property stays healthy and happy.
Cleaning & sanitizing the screen
The screen on your video intercom has a protective film applied to it, but it may still show fingerprints or other dirt build-ups. The protective film is sensitive to soaps and other cleansers, so please use the following steps to clean the surface:
- Gather the cleaning supplies you’ll need: (1) a can of compressed air, (1) a clean microfiber cloth, and a Windex Disinfectant Cleaner (EPA registration number 4822-593). Disclaimer: Paper towels or rags can be too abrasive for the video intercom’s screen.
- Using the can of compressed air, dust the screen from at least 12 inches away to remove any loose dirt and dust particles.
- Using a dry microfiber cloth, gently wipe the screen with a light touch from left to right or top to bottom. Do not use circular motions. This should remove the majority of fingerprints and dust on the surface.
- To sanitize the screen and remove any remaining fingerprints, lightly spray the Windex Disinfectant Cleaner on the microfiber cloth and gently wipe the screen again. Disclaimer: It is important not to spray cleanser directly on the screen, as it could drip into the bezel and damage the electronic components.
Cleaning the stainless steel enclosure
For routine cleaning:
- Gather the following cleaning supplies: Windex Disinfectant Cleaner (EPA registration number 4822-593), (2) clean microfiber cloths.
- Lightly spray the Windex Disinfectant Cleaner on the microfiber cloth and gently wipe in the direction of the stainless steel grain to sanitize and remove grime and fingerprints.
- Dry the surface with another dry microfiber cloth, again wiping in the direction of the grain.
For cleaning stubborn fingerprints, smears, or stains:
- Gather the following cleaning supplies: 3M Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish, (1) ultra-fine grit Scotch-Brite hand pad (3M item # MJ887448)
- Use the stainless steel polish and follow the instructions on the bottle. Do not get the cleaner on the screen.
- For removing especially stubborn stains or rust, use the dry, ultra-fine grit Scotch-Brite pad and wipe the surface lightly in the direction of the grain. Be careful not to wipe the screen with the scrubbing pad.